Applications are now open for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship 2022. The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization, and support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes1 at the University of Waikato.
However, the University will not be offering the Scholarship to students commencing their studies online in 2022. Rather, all new students who wish to commence their studies online in 2022 will automatically be awarded a 20% discount on their tuition fees in 2021. They will however receive a travel grant once they transfer to New Zealand for face-to-face studies.
For students already in New Zealand or those applying for face-to-face studies for 2022, the University welcomes applications for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship. International Excellence Scholarship applies to tuition fees only and is not transferrable.
The University will transfer the scholarship funding to the student’s tuition fees once their enrolment is over.
Benefits from Waikato International Excellence Scholarships
The details of the scholarship are as stated below.
- Successful applicants get Scholarships with a value of up to NZD$10,000 from any of the countries in the eligible countries list.
- Applications are welcome from candidates who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and the potential to become global ambassadors for the University.
Eligibility Required for Waikato International Excellence Scholarships
You must fulfill the following application conditions for scholarship qualification:
- You must be a citizen of one of the legit countries
- Applicants are not qualified if he/she is enrolled at the University of Waikato currently
- By the time of application, you must not have paid fees
- You must be intending or applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Waikato
- As an applicant, you must have received a Formal or Conditional Offer of Place from the University of Waikato
- Applicants must meet the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato
Prospective applicants must first complete an Application for admission, and thereafter, complete their application for the scholarship. Those who are already students at the University of Waikato can log into their MyWaikato account. And, directly apply for the scholarship
One can submit applications for the Scholarship at any time. University of Waikato Scholarships Office receives the applications for the Scholarships.
We give scholarships on the basis of academic merit (equivalent B+ minimum) and the potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.