Apply for the University of Edinburgh Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships. The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh is pleased to offer One (1) full scholarship dedicated to eligible applicants. You must be applying to study for an MSc program in Africa and International Development and subsequent PhD in African Studies at the center for African Studies at the University of Edinburgh. One of the key goals of the scholarships is to diversify the scholars from the African continent who contribute original and important research to African Studies
Eligible applicants must apply and be ready to start their studies in September 2022. The scholarship has been designed as a combined package in order to enable those who may not feel they have sufficient research experience to embark on a PhD to get that grounding with an MSc. You will get the help and support you need to build a bridge between undergraduate studies and the PhD as this scholarship encourages those who may not have thought a PhD was in reach to re-consider.
Through this program, you will have the opportunity to study for a one-year MSc and thereafter, a subsequent three year PhD. Preference will be given to those studying conflict resolution, elections, technology, peace building and/or governance in African contexts, although the selection panel may consider other areas in the field of politics and international development
Benefits from Edinburgh Catto Scholarships
- These Scholarships sponsored through generous funding from the Stephen Gordon Catto Charitable Trust
- Scholarships will cover full fees for both your MSc and subsequent PhD studies.
- You will receive a maintenance stipend for the whole duration of your studies in form of an annual stipend of £15,840
- Funding will be available for the one-year MSc and subsequent three years of PhD study
- The selected applicant gets an upfront support worth £ 4,000 to cover visa, travel costs and application fees.
Eligibility for Edinburgh Catto Scholarships
- You must have received an excellent undergraduate degree with a minimum of a high 2.1 in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa
- Additionally, Candidates who already posses a Masters degree with distinction will have an added advantage.
- Applicants must not have a degree from a university outside Africa
- You must be a female, citizen, national and resident of an African country
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies
- You must posses leadership potential and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- Applicants need to have have received a study offer for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh.
Application of Edinburgh Catto Scholarships
Interested applicants will have to apply for admission and receive an offer in the field of study specified above and are ready to start their studies in September 2022. You need to send the following scholarship application documents before the application deadline.
- You must present a summary of your research proposal with a maximum of 2 pages
- A cover letter describing your motivations, leadership experience as well as future plans of maximum 1 page
- Your most recent academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages)
- Lastly, Request a letter letter of reference from a relevant person.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!