Apply for the 2022 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships For International Students. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are dedicated to citizens of selected developing Commonwealth countries. Funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the scholarships’ main goal is to contribute to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests. These scholarships also aim to support excellence in UK higher education, and uphold the principles of the Commonwealth.
Scholarships are offered for Distance learning postgraduate study to applicants from selected countries. Scholars will gain the skills contribute to development needs of their home Commonwealth countries. The scholarships therefore aim to provide training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
This programme is specifically targeting Distance Learning based programmes at selected Universities in the UK. Therefore qualifying postgraduate students who wish to access training not that is not available in their home countries, or those who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study may apply for the scholarship.
Benefits from Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees for the selected Distance Learning based course of your choice
- The scholarships may also include study grants where required.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Candidates eligible for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships must meet the following conditions
- You must be a national/ citizen of one of the eligible commonwealth countries.
- If you have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, are a British Protected Person, you may also apply
- You must be residing permanently in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Candidates must posses a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard.
- If you posses a lower qualification and have accumulated sufficient relevant experience, you may also be considered
- Yu must demonstrate financial need and the inability to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
Application of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
If you intend to apply for this scholarships, it is advisable to follow the guideline below. Pease remember that you juts apply for the course of your choice and receive admission before you can apply for the scholarship
- Apply for an eligible master’s course at one of the participating UK university under the Distance Learning scheme.
- You may apply for more than one course, to more than one university, however, consideration will only be for one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
- Candidates may start their scholarship application even before receiving an offer for the course they have applied to, however, you will only be able complete the application after receiving your offer letter
The scholarship application must be submitted online using the CSC online application portal. Along with the application form, you will be requested to submit the following support documents
- You must request at least one reference to submit a recommendation to support your application. The recommendation will be sent directly by the referee to the online application system
- You must include an offer letter for the degree you are admitted to, from one of the participating universities
- Upload Diplomas and transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.