Apply for Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2023. The scholarship is for Postgraduate study in South Africa 2023. They will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
In 2023, they will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Benefits of Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships
- The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances.
- We support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study at a South African university
- Will also consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Also organize an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year.
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL of the above criteria.
Please only apply if your programme of study falls into one of these disciplines :
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies may sometimes defy easy categorisation. Applicants are urged to use their judgement in assessing whether to apply. But applications that clearly do not fall within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
In 2023, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice related scholarship applications may be in a science or applied science field as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to climate justice related matters.
Deadline : August 22, 2022
Lastly, visit the official website link given below for details.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities !!