Applications are now open for the Newcastle University British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM to study in the United Kingdom. Launched by the British Council, the programme aims to support Girls and Women from all around the world who demonstrate interest in STEM. The scholarship gives them a rare opportunity to study a postgraduate Master’s degree in a field in STEM at Universities in the united kingdom.
The scholarship is particularly dedicated to students from selected countries who are challenged by financial constraints and wish to peruse a career in STEM. Newcastle University is therefore partnering with the British Council to offer five (5) scholarships for the 2022 academic year. These scholarships will be offered to female students from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
The fully funded scholarships are offered for the entire duration of the postgraduate degree programme of your choice. Remember, to be considered, you must demonstrate need for financial support and your passion for a career in STEM.
Benefits from British Council Scholarships
If selected, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- The scholarships will cover full tuition fees for your selected Master’s degree programme
- You will receive a monthly stipend to cover your daily expenses
- Selected scholarship recipients will also receive a return economy class ticket for travel from and back to their home countries
- Any other other study-related costs such as IELTS exam fee, visa application, NHS surcharge and study materials will also be covered by the programme.
Eligibility for British Council Scholarships
To apply for the scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- The scholarships are strictly dedicated to young woman and girls from the eligible countries.
- Applicants must e nationals and residents of one the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in order to apply
- Before applying for the scholarship, you must first submit your application for admission for one of the eligible Newcastle University postgraduate programmed
- You must not have attended any studies at degree level or higher at a university in the UK
- You must not have previously lived in the United kingdom
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need if they are to be considered
- You are expected to meet the English language requirement of Newcastle University
- All applicants must be dedicated to returning to their country of citizenship at the end of their studies for a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrate the willingness to contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement by putting to practice the knowledge and skill you will have learned.
Application of British Council Scholarships
Applications for the scholarships are submitted online using the link below. Please remember that you must first submit your application for admission for one of the eligible postgraduate degree program. Before you apply of the scholarship.
- To complete the scholarship application, you will be required to submit your personals information including your citizenship and country of residence
- You must also complete information regarding your academic history, provide information for any previously completed and ongoing studies.
- Applicants will also be required t provide information proving their financial needs
- You will be required to provide contact information for a Referee who can speak on your behave. And support your application
- Applicants will also be required to submit several essays as evidence of their passion and interest in STEM
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.