The Centre of African Studies of the University of Edinburg announced Nyerere Scholarship for an applicant to their MSc in Africa and International Development.
The Nyerere Scholarships provide funding for talented Tanzanian students to follow in Nyerere’s footsteps and study at the University of Edinburgh. The Centre of African Studies will offer a one-year postgraduate scholarship to a student domiciled in Tanzania to study a Masters-level programme in the Centre of African Studies.
The Nyerere scholarship will cover the Tuition Fees as well as provide an annual stipend of £13,500.
Eligibility Required for Nyerere Scholarships
The Students must be domiciled in Tanzania. He/she should also be enrolled on a full-time basis for the MSc in Africa and International Development.
- Can demonstrate academic excellence.
- Must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first-class or 2.1 Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
- Also, submit a Personal Statement for the scholarship application which should state why they are applying for this scholarship. Along with their experience and aspirations in the field of Africa and International Development.
- In addition, candidates should also arrange for two referees to submit reference letters supporting their application.
- Moreover, applicants cannot use the Nyerere Scholarship alongside any other scholarship funding.
How to Apply?
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application
It can take up to ten working days for all system checks to complete as well as to grant access.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
The CAS Selection Panel will meet in May 2022 to review the scholarship applications. All scholarship applicants will get a notification of the outcome in June 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.