Are you interested in studying in Finland? Do you want to study at one of the most prominent Universities in a country ranked as having one of the best education systems in the world?. Then apply for a Master’s degree program at the University of Eastern Finland. Applicants for selected Master’s degree programmes have the opportunity of applying for the Finland Scholarship programme to cover their tuition and living allowances.
The University of Eastern Finland offers two (2) scholarships for each degree programme, under the Finland Scholarship programme. These scholarships are granted to the applicants who receive admission for the first year of their Master’s studies. Scholarships are solely dedicated to students from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees.
If you are interested in this scholarship, you must indicate so at the time of application for admission. Therefore, remember to state that you wish to be considered for the scholarship at the time of application.
If you are not awarded the Finnish Scholarship, you may also apply for other tuition waiver scholarships offered by the University of Eastern Finland. Tuition waiver scholarships usually cover 50% of tuition for Bachelors degree programmes and 70% of tuition for Master’s degree programmes. These are open to all applicants who secure admission and a liable to pay tuition fees in Finland.
Benefits from Eastern Finland Scholarship Program
If selected for the Finland Scholarship Programme, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a 100 % tuition waiver intended to cover your first-year tuition fee.
- The waiver is worth between € 8 000 to € 10 000 depending on your degree programme
- You will also receive a € 5 000 relocation grant at the start of the academic year
- This scholarship is only offered for the first year. The general tuition waivers will be applied for the second year
Eligibility Required for Eastern Finland Scholarship Program
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be non-EU citizens who are liable to pay tuition fees in order to study in Finland.
- You must meet all the requirements for admission into a Master’s degree programme of your choice at the University of East Finland.
- The scholarship programme is offered for selected master’s degree programmes from the faculty of Philosophy, Faculty of Science and Forestry, Faculty of Health Sciences and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies.
- To be considered for the scholarship, you must first secure admission for your preferred degree programme.
- You must indicate that you wish to be considered for the scholarship at the tie of admission
- from the Middle East Mediterranean region and Europe and/or with a proven interest in the region and engagement in the society.
- You must register as a present student at the University of Eastern Finland before you can receive the scholarship grant.
Things to note
- All students who are eligible to pay tuition fees to study in Finland are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- You must indicate that you wish to be considered for the scholarship at the time of application
- The scholarship covers full tuition and a living allowance for the first year of your Master’s degree programme
Application Details of Eastern Finland Scholarship Program
The application for admission process runs from December 1, 2021, to January 19, 2022. Applications are submitted via the general online application portal. To apply, you must make sure that you meet the set admission conditions. These may include the following.
- Posses a three (3) year Bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized and accredited University.
- In case you have not yet graduated, you must possess and submit the latest transcripts of records.
- Applicants usually need to also have proof of sufficient English language proficiency. There are several ways of proving your proficiency as may be described under the specific requirements for the degree programme you are applying for.
Once you make sure that you meet all the general and specific application conditions, you may go ahead and begin completing your application. During the application process, you will have the opportunity to indicate if you wish to be considered for the Finnish Scholarship programme.
Two applicants will be selected under each degree programme and will be awarded the scholarship. The selection is based on merit. You are advised to also apply for general tuition waivers which may be awarded to you in case you are not awarded to Finnish scholarship. Remember, the deadline for application is January 19, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.