The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships for master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. The program aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as top study destinations.
Host Institution(s): Universities
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- URGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Level/Field of study: Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except for preparatory programs; bridging programs; or distance learning.
Number of Awards: 30
Target group: International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
Benefit From Flanders MasterMind Scholarship
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8,400 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. Similarly, The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of a maximum of €115.80 per year for 2022/23.
Moreover, The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master’s program of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master’s program of 120 ECTS.
Eligibility Required for Flanders MasterMind Scholarship
- Firstly, The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- Secondly, The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- Thirdly, The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements).
- Moreover, The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- Additionally, The applicant nomination is only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- Similarly, All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Lastly, Students in enrollment in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Application Instructions for Flanders MasterMind Scholarship
Students cannot apply directly. You need to submit your application to the host institution. The host institution preselects the eligible applications; online submission of the application is at the Flemish host institution. The deadline for applications is 29 April 2022 GMT +1. Similarly, You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February to 6 April 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.