The Wells Mountain Foundation, through WMF Empowerment Education Scholarships (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
Host Institution(s): Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Level/Field(s) of study: Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study but applications is encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities – medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture, and engineering.
Number of Scholarships: About 50-60 scholarships per year.
Target group: Citizens of developing countries
Benefit From WMF Empowerment Education Scholarships
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1500. Scholarships are for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other related costs (room rent and meals).
Eligibility Required for WMF Empowerment Education Scholarships
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on 1 March 2022
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Enrollment in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contributes to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2022 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2021 to 1 March 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.