The Snowdon Masters Scholarships is dedicated to talented disabled students who wish to study at the University of Reading in the UK. This scholarship is designed to identify and accelerate potential eligible students through higher education, thereby creating the influencers of tomorrow. The program is seeking applications from individuals who demonstrate the ability to create change and influence and inspire others.
Recipients of the Snowdon Masters Scholarship are usually excelling students within a chosen field of study. Who demonstrate leadership more widely through the workplace or extracurricular activities. Therefore, for anyone out there living with an impairment yet have a proven drive for success, this program is designed for you.
Snowdon Trust provides grants to physically disabled and sensory impaired students studying in the UK. Established by the First Earl of Snowdon, who contracted polio as a child, the trust has gone on to support over 2,700 students through higher education.
Benefits from Snowdon Masters Scholarships
The program is offering a generous scholarship to selected students, which include the following:
- You will receive a Fee funding of up to £15,000 a year, for a one or two-year UK Masters course
- Selected applicants will also be eligible for a generous allowance towards their costs whilst studying in the UK.
Eligibility for Snowdon Masters Scholarships
Successful candidates for the scholarship are required to demonstrate some or all of the following characters:
- The scholarship is open to students who exhibit a degree of physical or sensory disability or impairment
- You must be an exceptional leader and show the ability to create change within and beyond your academic field
- Applicants must have a track of academic excellence within their chosen subjects
- You must have the ability to create change and drive disability issues
- Those that have demonstrated leadership potential with a proven drive for success.
Application of Snowdon Masters Scholarships
Applicants will have to complete the application for by the deadline of April 1, 2022 using the online scholarship application portal.
Although applicants are required to have secured an offer for their preferred master’s degree program, students can simultaneously apply for the scholarship and their Master course. However, you must have received an offer from your chosen university by the selection date.
Your application will require you to complete your bio information, area of study as well as previous academic experience. You will also have to answer several essay questions as these will be used to determine your eligibility during the selection process.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.