Apply for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship at University of Birmingham. This programme is offered for a MSc in International Development with Mo Ibrahim Foundation Internship at the University of Birmingham. For the 2022 academic year, together with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, the University of Birmingham is pleased to offer one scholarship for their MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building).
This scholarship is offered for a duration of two years, offering funding for a full one-year MSc programme, along with a one year internship as an integral part of the programme. During the internship, the candidate will spend six months working with IDD on research with academics and the GSDRC, and six months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London.
The pathway for the Foundation scholarship comprises the following modules:
- International Development (20 credits)
- Development Policy and Politics (20 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits).
One of the following modules
- Governance and State-building (20 credits)
- Democracy, Dictatorship and Development (20 credits)
- Optional modules (60 credits)
Benefits from Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship will offer the following benefits:
- The programme covers Full tuition fees for the MSc Programme
- You will receive coverage for air fare to and from the United Kingdom
- The programme will cover the costs of obtaining your Visa and
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth £950 to cover your daily expenses (18 months)
- On arrival in the UK, you will receive an allowance worth £950 to settle in
- The remainder of the programme duration (six months for the internship) will be funded directly to the successful candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Eligibility for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Firstly, This scholarship is dedicated and open to applicants from African countries
- Secondly, Candidates must be their nationals and permanent residents in an African country.
- Preference will be given to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- To be considered, you should posses a first class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in written and spoken English.
- You will be required to provide evidence of your capacity is required equivalent to 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL.
Application of Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship
Interested candidates must submit their applications by the deadline of Mach 31, 2022. Applications must be submitted through the University online application system
When completing your application, you will be requested to submit supporting documents including a 500 word statement and your most recent CV. This statement should set out why you are the best candidate for the scholarship.
After submitting your application, you must then send your application ID number by mail to (Debra Beard). You must include Mo Ibrahim Scholarship as the email subject.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.