Apply for the 2022 Latvian Government Scholarships for international students to study in Latvia. The scholarships are administered under the the State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian). The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) is a direct administration institution which is subordinated to the Ministry of Education and Science.
Latvian Government Scholarships are dedicated applicants who wish to pursue an undergraduate, master and Ph.D. degree. These scholarships are available to international students planning to apply for the academic year 2022/23. If you are applying for bachelor’s and the first level of professional higher education studies, you must have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies at the time of application. This may be at your home higher education institution or at a Latvian higher education institution, if they already have been studying in Latvia.
The program durations are as below:
- Scholarships for bachelor’s and master’s studies will be granted for one academic year
- Master’s degree scholarships in the study programs of Latvian philology, Latvian literature, Latvian culture and Latvian history can be granted for two academic years covering the full duration of master’s study program
Benefits from Latvian Government Scholarships
- Scholars for bachelor’s and master’s studies will receive a monthly stipend worth 500 EUR.
- PhD scholarship recipients will receive a monthly stipend worth 700 EUR
- Scholarship holder will use the scholarship stipend to cover the tuition fee (if this applies) or for accommodation and meals.
- There is a possibility for the host higher education institution to provide the scholarship holder with a place in a students’ dormitory or a guesthouse.
Eligibility Required for Latvian Government Scholarships
- Applicants must be nationals from countries that have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens
- Although the language of instruction at Latvian higher education institutions is mainly Latvian, there are a several study programs offered in English.
- Similarly, You will be required to meet specific English language/other language requirements
- Lastly, Applicants for bachelor’s degree program must have completed at least one academic year of studies
Application Details of Latvian Government Scholarships
Applicants must submit their applications online. You will have to first register and create your personal profile
You will then complete the application form and attach the necessary documents as outlined below:
- Firstly, Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) using the the Europas template form
- Secondly, You must write a Letter of motivation and include activities outside studies related to the study field in Latvia or in the home country.
- Photocopies of diplomas of higher education and supplements or a transcript of records of the last two study semesters (if studies are not completed);
- You must request two letters of recommendation from academic staff members, signed within the last six months.
- Applicants must present a Study plan for the duration of the scholarship
- A copy of a certificate or other document certifying the language proficiency required for studies.
- Copy of an ID (identification document) or a passport.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.