Applications are now open for the 2022 Korean Government Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees. The scholarship is open for selected students who wish to undertake studies at bachelors level at a University in Korea. Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. The program is divided into 2 categories
For the Embassy Track, the Korean government offers up to 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea for the academic year 2021. The general process for this application requires applicants pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Under the University Track, the Korean government grants up to 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the selected fields of Engineering or Nature Science. The program also offers around 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. The general process for this application requires applicants pass through the 1st selection process set by their selected university.
Benefits from Korean Government Scholarship
- You will receive an economy class flight ticket from your home country to Korea
- All applicants will receive an economy class flight ticket from Korea to their home country
- The scholarship provides a settlement allowance worth 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- You will receive a Monthly Allowance worth 900,000 KRW per month
- The 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee will be covered by the scholarship
- Your Degree Program Tuition will be catered for by the scholarship
- A full Medical Insurance coverage worth 60,000 KRW per month
- You will also receive a Korean Proficiency Grants amounting to 100,000 KRW per month
- Toward the end of your program, you will be eligible for a Degree Completion Grants worth 100,000 KRW (offered once)
Eligibility for Korean Government Scholarship
- Firstly, You along with your parents must be citizens a GSK partner eligible country as specified in the eligible country list.
- Secondly, Applicants must be under 25 years of age .
- Thirdly, You must hold high school diploma if applying for the undergraduate program.
- Additionally, Applicants who are expected graduate of high school at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- Moreover, If you have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from an associate degree program, you can only apply Bachelors degree program.
- You must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% of your graduating class if you are applying for a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicants must have maintained a 75% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 25% if you are applying for an Associate Degree program.
- Candidates must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of degree or research programs.
Application of Korean Government Scholarship
Please contact the 1st selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection. You will need the following documents:
- Applicant Form (Form 1)
- Personal Statement (Form 2)
- Study Plan (Form 3)
- One letters of Recommendation (Form 4)
- GKS Applicant Agreement (Form 5)
- Personal Medical Assessment (Form 6)
- Certificate of High school graduation (or expected graduation certificate)
- High school Grade Transcripts Required
- Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship Document
- Birth certificates or family registrar, passport copy, and etc.
- Applicant’s Parents Proof of Citizenship Document
- Awards and other certificates – Optional
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score – Optional
- Your Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test – Optional
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!