Apply for the EIT Urban Mobility Scholarship to fund your Master’s program this 2022!
- a Bachelor’s degree encompassing a minimum of 180 ECTS credits or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognized university.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate education may also apply and if qualified, receive a conditional acceptance.
- If you have not completed your studies, please include a written statement from the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled in the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date.
- If you receive a conditional offer, you should present your degree certificate to your entry university before enrollment at the latest. Moreover, applicants following longer technical programs and who have completed courses equivalent to an amount of 180 ECTS, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Relevant Field of Studies: Specific Requirements
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions
- Smart Mobility Data Science & Analytics
Proof of English Language Proficiency
All the programs of EIT Urban Mobility School are taught in English. Hence, all applicants must provide proof of their English language proficiency. This is generally verified through an internationally recognized test such as TOEFL or IELTS.
Please note that the results of your test must be final at the time of submitting an application. Also, the program will not accept late submissions of proof of English proficiency.
General language requirements:
IELTS Academic test (www.ielts.org)
- An overall band score of at least 6.5, with no section lower than 6.
- IELTS-tests are verified online by the Admissions office, submitting a photocopy of your test with a visible TRF number together with your application documents is therefore sufficient.
TOEFL Internet-based test, iBT (www.toefl.org)
- A minimum total score of 92 (with writing section 22 and no section lower than 21).
- English test results from TOEFL should be sent directly from the ETS test center to EIT Urban Mobility Master School in order to verify it (Institution code: C540).
Examinee score reports alone are not accepted. You may upload your score temporarily while you wait for ETS to send your score to the school. Nevertheless, they still need to verify it online and this is only possible if you have paid for EIT Urban Mobility to have access to it.
English proficiency test waiver
English proficiency tests are waived for applicants who:
- have completed a higher education degree instructed in English at a university in an EU/EEA country or a university of applied sciences in an EU/EEA country. The official language of the degree program has to be stated in the degree certificate or its supplement, or in the transcript of records.
- Also, statements are not accepted. Other documentation regarding the language of instruction will also not be accepted.
- have completed a degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Please note that the application portal closes on February 1, 17:00 CET for Period 1 applications.
If you choose POLIMI as one of your preferences and you have a non-Italian degree (or you are completing your bachelor’s outside Italy), you need to submit an additional application on POLIMI’s Online Services for the Master of Science in “Mobility Engineering”, in parallel with your EIT Urban Mobility application.
The deadlines for the local application to POLIMI are February 1, 2022, for Period 1 and April 14, 2022, for Period 2 (the anticipated deadline is on March 8, 2022, only for non-EU applicants). For instructions and local deadlines for your POLIMI application, please refer to the dedicated website here.
Required Documents for Your Application
- Degree Certificate/Diploma in its original language and translated into English
- In the case of ongoing studies, a statement certifying that you are in the final year of your studies. The statement must be written by the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled in the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date.
- Official and stamped transcript of records in original language and translated into English. You must scan the front and back of every document- all stamps and signatures must be fully visible.
- Also, proof of English proficiency.
- CV including details on your academic and professional career.
- A letter of motivation in which you prove your innovative potential. For this purpose, the school asks you to discuss or propose innovation and/or entrepreneurial ideas. The letter can be addressed to the “Selection Committee”. Moreover, the letter should not be longer than two pages.
- In addition, an official ID, such as your passport or national ID card (scanned in color)
Please upload the original version of your degree certificate and transcript of records. If this is not possible, scanned copies (in color) of your degree certificate, transcript of records, and statements should be stamped and signed by the degree administration’s office (or equivalent department) of the issuing institution, or by a Notary Public.
Country-Specific Documentation Requirements
Degrees awarded in Pakistan need to be attested by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. Colour copies are accepted but they must bear the original HEC stamp and not a copy of the stamp. Each page of the transcript of records as well as the degree certificate has to be stamped and signed by HEC and must include: your name, your father’s name, your personal identity number, the name of the university, and your degree.
The verified documents must be sent in an envelope sealed by the HEC to the school’s address below. It only accepts documents attested after 1 March 2009, for reasons of verification. The verification process can take a long time. It is therefore important that you apply early and ensure that your study documents will be sent to Sweden as early as possible.
In case of ongoing studies, the current/latest version of your transcript of records must be stamped and sent to the school by the HEC. You must contact the HEC and ask them to verify your qualifications and send this proof to our address stated below.
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, or USA
For degrees/transcripts from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, or the USA an official transcript of records and a certified true copy of the degree must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing university to our address stated below.
KTH Admissions Office
Att: EIT Urban Mobility Master School Office
SE-100 44 Stockholm
Students with Chinese citizenship admitted to a university in the Netherlands must submit a Nuffic certificate at the time of application for a Dutch entry visa. The Nuffic certificate is not required to be submitted during the application process.
For any other country-specific documentation requirements check here to find the country where you completed your bachelor’s degree.
Please note that it is each applicant’s responsibility to make sure their application is complete and correct before submitting it.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.