Westminster College is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in Utah, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Westminster College.
Westminster College is a private liberal arts college located in the Sugar House neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. The college was founded in 1875.
Westminster is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 19th position in Regional Universities West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Westminster collectively offers more than 55 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Westminster College Scholarships
- Westminster has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Westminster is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 83%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Westminster College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Westminster College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Westminster.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,532.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Westminster writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Westminster College.