The University of Sussex is a public research university in Falmer, England. The university offers over 350 Undergraduate programs, over 210 Master Programs and over 70 Ph.D. programs. Moreover, Sussex is particularly famous for its Humanities and Social Sciences departments, with its Development studies program being at number 1 globally in the QS World University Ranking. Scholarships are available for international students also at the University of Sussex.
Furthermore, the university counts 5 Nobel Prize winners, 15 Fellows of the Royal Society, 9 Fellows of the British Academy, 24 fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences and a winner of the Crafoord Prize among its faculty. Above all, the university is in the 227th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
The University of Sussex offers a lot more to its students besides quality education. The scholarships at the university depend upon a number of factors, for instance, financial need, sports abilities, academic merit, and faculty. One of the highest awarding scholarships at the university is the Sussex Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is for new undergraduate students who achieved excellent academic performance before joining the University.
You receive £2,000 in cash maintenance during your first year of study. You receive it as two identical payments of £1,000.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be taking up your place as an undergraduate student at Sussex in September 2019
- Have achieved the following grades:
- A*AA at A level
- An overall score of 36 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma
- D*D*D in the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (QCF)
- 45 level 3 credits with Distinctions in the Access to HE Diploma
If you study a combination of A levels and BTECs, you are eligible if you have:
- A-Level grade A* and BTEC Diploma grade D*D
- Two A-Levels grade A*A and BTEC Subsidiary Diploma grade D*
- Three BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas grade D*D*D
Also Read: Scholarships at the University of Bradford
There is no separate scholarship application; you will get automatic consideration for the scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Lastly, here is the official link to the website.