The University of Saint Joseph is one of the good universities in Connecticut, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the University of Saint Joseph.
The University of Saint Joseph is a Roman Catholic comprehensive university in West Hartford, Connecticut, United States. It was founded in 1932 by the Sisters of Mercy of Connecticut.
USJ is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 78th in the Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 60 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Saint Joseph Scholarships
- USJ has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
USJ is one of the universities with high selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 88%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Saint Joseph.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Saint Joseph Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at USJ.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,163.
All applicants apply online through the USJ Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- USJ writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Saint Joseph.