Scholarships are available for international students also at the University of Queensland.
University of Queensland is a public research university in Brisbane, Australia. With its establishment in 1909, the university is Australia’s fifth oldest university and is colloquially known as a sandstone university. The university offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral and higher doctorate degrees through a college, a graduate school and six faculties. Also, UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australia. Above all, it is in 48th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019. Furthermore, it has affiliations with two Nobel laureates and about a hundred Rhodes Scholars.
University of Queensland offers scholarship aid to its students besides its academics. The scholarships vary in amount and depend upon merit, Faculty, sports talent and region. There is the UQ Academic Scholarship Program offering three scholarships under it. One of the high-awarding scholarship is the UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships. Up to 50 Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships are there for students each year. Moreover, the scholarship aims to reward the achievements of outstanding school leavers and gap year students.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- If you are a high-achieving student and you are completing Year 12 or you’re on a gap year then you can apply.
- Undergraduate and any subsequent related postgraduate study such as Honours students are eligible.
- Open to students who:
- are Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders; or
- are Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens, or international students who are completing or have completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia;
- have NOT completed any previous tertiary study other than that undertaken as part of Year 11-12 studies (eg. Enhanced Studies Program); and
- have applied for a tertiary place through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC); and
- Similarly, are intending to enrol as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland in 2019 (or 2020 if they are deferring their tertiary place); and
- have UQ listed as their 1st or 2nd QTAC preference.
$12,000 per year for up to 5 years
- Applicants only need to complete as well as submit ONE application to be considered for the Academic Scholarships on offer.
- Likewise, submit the Supporting Documentation/Evidence