Southern Methodist University is one of the top universities in the state of Texas, United States. Many talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at Southern Methodist University.
Southern Methodist University is a private research university in metropolitan Dallas, Texas with its main campus located in University Park. SMU also operates satellite campuses in Plano, Texas and Taos, New Mexico.
SMU is one of the top universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 61st position in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, core curriculum, and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 100 majors and 85 minors to choose from, as well as double and triple major opportunities and accelerated degree programs where students can go as far as they want and as quickly, too.
Southern Methodist University Scholarships
- SMU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SMU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Southern Methodist University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Southern Methodist University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 3 out of 4 students receive need-based aid at SMU.
- SMU awards approximately $125 million in total grants and scholarships from all sources awarded to undergraduate students.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $28,436.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SMU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Southern Methodist University.