North Park University is one of the top universities in the United States. Many high achieving and brilliant students get very good scholarships at North Park University.
North Park University is a private Christian university in Chicago, Illinois. It was founded in 1891 by the Evangelical Covenant Church. It is located on Chicago’s north side and enrolls more than 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
NPU is one of the top catholic universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 75th position in Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 84 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. NPU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
North Park University Scholarships
- NPU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NPU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 54%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at North Park University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
North Park University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at North Park.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $5,235.
All applicants apply online through the NPU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NPU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Application deadlines: July 1
Lastly, here is the official link to North Park University.