Southwestern University is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many students with academic excellence and brilliant minds can get good scholarships at Southwestern University.
Southwestern University is a private, not-for-profit, liberal arts college in Georgetown, Texas. It was formed in 1873 from a revival of collegiate charters granted in 1840 and it is the oldest university in Texas.
Southwestern is one of the top liberal arts universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 68th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Southwestern’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Southwestern University Scholarships
- Southwestern has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Southwestern is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 45%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Southwestern University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Southwestern University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 85% of the students receive need-based aid at Southwestern
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $31,482.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Southwestern writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
For Early Action: December 1
For Regular Decision: January 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Southwestern University.