Missouri Western State University is one of the good public universities in Missouri, United States. Many academically talented and bright students get good scholarships at Missouri Western State University.
Missouri Western State University is a public university in Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States. This university was founded in 1915.
MWSU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd tier in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. MWSU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Missouri Western State University Scholarships
- MWSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MWSU is one of the universities with very low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 96%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Missouri Western State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Missouri Western State Universities Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at MWSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $7,913.
All applicants apply online through MWSU’s Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MWSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Missouri Western State University.