The Radboud Scholarship Program offers a select number of talented prospective international students the opportunity to receive a scholarship to pursue a complete English-taught Master’s degree program at Radboud University. The Radboud Scholarship Programme is very selective and is only intended for talented students who have obtained outstanding study results and are highly motivated to pursue a Master’s degree program at Radboud University.
Radboud University International Scholarship
The recipient of the scholarship will receive an exemption to pay a certain amount of the tuition fee. Moreover, Radboud University will lessen the student’s tuition fee to € 2,083 and pays for costs for visa and insurance. For example, a grant holder in 2019/2020 will pay a tuition fee of only €2,083, instead of €11,466 or €12,640. In addition, the Radboud University Scholarship also covers costs such as those for a visa, residence permit, health insurance, and liability insurance of the international students.
Eligibility for the Radboud University International Scholarship
Radboud University provides scholarship to international students if they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- However, applicants are not eligible for the lower EEA tuition fee for other reasons
- Further, the applicants must have (will obtain) a Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands. Applicants with degrees achieved in the Netherlands are not eligible. Nor the applicants may receive any previous education in the Netherlands.
- Likewise, the applicants must have a high level of language proficiency
- Also, the applicants must be able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands
- are full-time students at Radboud University for the academic year and Master’s degree program for which the scholarship will be awarded
From the eligible candidates the Radboud University will select the scholarship recipients on the basis of the following criteria:
- Talent: this means that you must have outstanding study results in your present field of study
- You are expected to be a promising student in your desired field of study at Radboud University
- Proven academic quality and good results of your prior education for example through grades, test scores, publications
- Quality of the recommendations in the two reference letters
- Motivation: based on your motivation letter for the Master’s program
How to apply
The application for admission includes the application for the scholarship as well. There is no separate application procedure for the Radboud University International Scholarship. However, the selection for RSP and the admission to the Master’s degree program are two separate processes. Admission to the program does not imply selection for RSP.
You apply for a Radboud Scholarship by indicating during your application for admission that you wish to apply for a Radboud Scholarship. In order to apply for the international scholarship applicants will further need to upload three additional documents: two reference letters and a curriculum vitae.
Radboud University accepts the admission as well as the scholarship application for the international students until 1 March 2020. Applications arriving after the deadline are not eligible for scholarship or admission.