The University of Sheffield offers International Postgraduate Merit Scholarship 2020 to the international students commencing postgraduate studies starting in September 2020. Altogether, the University of Sheffield offers 125 scholarship vacancies for postgraduate students.
The International Postgraduate Merit Scholarship at the University of Sheffield covers a 25% tuition fee of the postgraduate program. However, this scholarship is not applicable for candidates applying for any of the following courses
- DClinDent Orthodontics
- MClinDent in Orthodontics
- DClinDent Endodontics
- MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry
- DClinDent Periodontics
- MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology
- DClinDent Prosthodontics
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must
- Be commencing postgraduate at the University of Sheffield in September 2020. But distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- Hold an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. But masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Similarly, must be fee-paying international students who are not receiving any sponsorship and funding for tuition fee purposes.
- Furthermore, anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Master’s element of the programme only.
The scholarship committee will consider the following factors while granting scholarships
- Academic profile and merits.
- Reasons for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
The University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield (informally as ‘Sheffield University’) is a public research university in Sheffield, England. Sheffield University comprises five academic departments on its two campuses. According to statistics of 2016/2017, Sheffield University has more than 29,000 enrolments. Moreover, the University of Sheffield isoften highlighted in the list of top 10 UK universities in terms of research grant funding. In addition to that, Sheffield University was ranked 75th worldwide and 13th in the United Kingdom according to QS World University Ranking. Similarly, it ranks at 106 worldwide and 12in UK according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings. In 2011, Times Higher Education titled Sheffield with ‘University of the Year’ award.
Follow the official linkfor more information.