Swarthmore College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Few academically talented students may get fully funded undergraduate degree at Swarthmore.
Swarthmore College is a private liberal arts college in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. Firstly, founded in 1864, it was one of the earliest coeducational colleges in the United States.
Likewise, Swarthmore belongs to the Tri-College Consortium with Bryn Mawr and Haverford College and offers cross-registration with the University of Pennsylvania. For students, that means expanded avenues of academic and social life.
Moreover, the college ranks 3rd in the best liberal arts college in the whole United States of America in 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, Swarthmore is a highly reputed college not only in the United States but in other parts of the world as well.
Swarthmore offers the Bachelor of Arts degree in 47 majors in the arts, sciences, social sciences and humanities. Furthermore, students can carry more than one major or create their own interdisciplinary major.
For US Citizens and Permanent Residents
Although Swarthmore offers a fully funded undergraduate degree, it limits to a small amount of highly deserving candidates.
Nevertheless, it offers the need-blind scholarship to all the first year applicants who are US-citizens or permanent residents. So, one may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Swarthmore College.
- All US-citizens and permanent residents are eligible for the scholarship.
- A student should demonstrate strong academic performance and extra-curricular activities. Similarly, an exceptional application may boost the chances of getting in.
- The scholarship is awarded regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
For International Students
On the contrary, Swarthmore analyzes the application on a need-aware basis for international students. In other words, the admission office considers an applicant’s financial situation during the admission process.
However, if accepted, Swarthmore commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicant.
- All international students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- Similarly, an exceptional application too may boost the chances of getting in.
Financial Aid Details
- About 56% of Swarthmore students receive financial aid (in the combination of grants, scholarships, and work-study).
- Similarly, it has one of the best scholarship budgets with over $45 million.
- The average total need-based/grant awarded to the students is $50,649 in 2018-19.
- The cost of attendance in the year 2018-19 is approximately $68,846.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Swarthmore writing supplement of the different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year progress report
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Official link to Swarthmore College.