Stanford University, one of the world’s leading teaching and research institutions in the world provides a fully funded degree at the undergraduate level.
Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California. Further, Stanford is known for its academic strength, wealth, proximity to Silicon Valley, and ranking as one of the world’s top universities. In fact, it ranks 3rd in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges and 2nd in 2019 edition of QS World University Rankings.
Moreover, Stanford offers more than 100 major and minors fields of undergraduate study with the dedication to find solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for the future.
- Stanford is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Stanford is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 5%.
So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Stanford.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Stanford are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- Stanford has one the best scholarship budget with over $100 million each year.
- Stanford meets 100% of each student’s demonstrated financial need.
- Approximately 70% of the students receive some form of aid to attend Stanford.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $55,829.
- Tuition is covered for undergrads with family incomes below $125,000.
- Similarly, the university covers the cost of tuition, transportation, room and board for the families with income less than $65,000.
All applicants apply to Stanford online via the Common Application and Coalition Application. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Stanford writing supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 2
Notification: Late March
Official link to Stanford University.