Pomona College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Few academically talented students may get fully funded Undergraduate Degree at Pomona College.
Pomona College is a private, nonsectarian, coeducational liberal arts college in Claremont, California. It is one of the institutions of the contiguous Claremont Colleges which share adjoining campus grounds.
It ranks 6th in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges and has an overall rank of 25 in the United States.
Likewise, the college maintains 48 majors and 600 courses, though students have access to nearly 2000 additional courses at the other Claremont Colleges.
For US Citizens and Permanent Residents
Although Pomona offers a fully funded undergraduate degree, it limits to a small amount of highly deserving candidates.
Nevertheless, Pomona offers the need-blind scholarship to all the first year applicants who are US-citizens or permanent residents. Furthermore, one may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Pomona College.
- All US-citizens and permanent residents are eligible for the scholarship.
- A student should demonstrate strong academic performance and extra-curricular activities. Similarly, an exceptional application may boost the chances of getting in.
- The scholarship is awarded regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
For International Students
On the contrary, Pomona analyzes the application on a need-aware basis for international students. In other words, the admission office considers an applicant’s financial situation during the admission process.
However, if accepted, Pomona commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicant.
- All international students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- Similarly, an exceptional application too may boost the chances of getting in.
Financial Aid Details
- About 67% of Pomona students receive financial aid (in the combination of grants, scholarships, and work-study).
- Similarly, 57% of Pomona students receive need-based aid.
- The average total need-based/grant awarded to the students is $52,688 in 2018-19.
- The cost of attendance in the year 2018-19 is approximately $52,780.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Pomona writing supplement of the different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Official link to Pomona College.