Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. For that reason, it has established several fully funded scholarship programs specifically designed to offer talented as well as motivated international students the opportunity to pursue a degree at TU Delft. Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships are financed by the legacy of Justus and Louise van Effen. Mr. van Effen studied at TU Delft in the 1940s and strongly believed technological developments will contribute to solving societal issues.
The Foundation Justus & Louise van Effen was established with the aim of stimulating excellent international MSc. students and financially supporting them in their wish to study at TU Delft.
TU Delft is a technology university with a leading global reputation. Moreover, their education and research encompass virtually the full range of high-quality disciplines, courses as well as unique facilities in the engineering sciences. Also, TU Delft wants to be a breeding ground for cutting-edge technological scientific developments to meet the great societal challenges of their age.
Fully Funded TU Delft Scholarship
TU Delft offers Justus & Louise van Effen fully funded Excellence Scholarship to two students per faculty. The students will each receive:
- €30.000 per year for Non-EU/EFTA students
- €11.500 per year for EU/EFTA students
- Full tuition fees per year for a TU Delft MSc program based on the statutory fee or institutional rate. Also, a contribution to living expenses.
- Further, a membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
Eligibility for the TU Delft Scholarship
Eligible students for the MSc. Program at TU Delft may apply for the fully funded scholarship if they meet the additional requirements as:
- Excellent international applicants (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programs.
- With a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an internationally renowned university outside The Netherlands.
How to apply for the TU Delft Scholarship
In order to apply for the fully funded Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarship at TU Delft, the candidates must at first, complete the MSc application. In addition to all the regular documents for the MSc program application, the candidates must also submit the Scholarship Application Form. Further, the students will require to submit two reference letters (in one PDF document). The documents necessary to apply for the scholarship are:
- An original or certified copy of your bachelor diploma.
- Further, an original or certified copy of your official academic transcript(s), front and back, in the original language.
- Also, the English Language Certificate (IELTS, TOFEL iBT, Cambridge Assessment English)
- A clear, relevant essay in English addressing the motivation for choosing an MSc program at TU Delft.
- Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch. These letters must be: from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
TU Delft accepts the application for the admission, hence the fully funded Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarship until 1 December 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are ineligible for the scholarship.