The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. This scholarship is meant for international students from outside the EEA who want to do their master’s in the Netherlands. As such, the Dutch Ministry is offering the Holland Scholarship for the academic session of 2020 at the University of Twente.
The University of Twente is a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people that offers students, scientists and educators from around the world the best possible conditions. Like our innovative and vibrant campus with world-class facilities for crossing boundaries and solving complex problems.
Moreover, the University of Twente Scholarship aims to develop skills to enable the candidates to push their boundary and develop excellence in their area of studies. Besides, the scholarships at the university depend upon a number of factors, for instance, academic merit, need, and faculty.
Holland Scholarship at University of Twente
The recipient of the University of Twente Holland Scholarship will receive € 5,000 for the first year of their studies The university will announce further information on the number of scholarships available.
Students must note that this scholarship is a means to compensate for study-related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money.
Eligibility for the Holland Scholarship at University of Twente
In order to be eligible for a Holland Scholarship at the University of Twente, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Not have studied in the Netherlands before for a full degree (e.g. a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree). Nor have a degree from an education facility in the Netherlands;
- Candidates must be from a non-EU/EEA country;
- Further, candidates must demonstrate excellent academic performance (i.e. CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10)).
- Likewise, candidates must have received (provisionally) admission to one of the qualifying study programs
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Must be proficient in the English language. Further, the candidates should have Academic IELTS score of 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- Candidates must note that their program starts in the academic year 2020/2021
- Also, the candidates should note that they are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
How to apply for the Holland Scholarship at the University of Twente?
In order to apply, the candidates must complete and submit the online application form. Along with the form, the candidates must also submit:
- An updated Resume
- a copy of academic transcripts
- A letter of intent
- English Proficiency test scores: TOFEL or IELTS Score
- Letter of references
The University of Twente opens the application for Holland Scholarship for two rounds. The first round of application opens on 15 October 2019, 12.00 CET. Applicants can apply for the program until 1 February 2020, 16.00 CET.
While for the second round, the University of Twente opens the scholarship application through 1 February 2020, 16.00 CET until 1 May 2020, 16.00 CET.