Kettering University is one of the reputed universities in Michigan, United States. It ranks at #13 in the Regional Universities Midwest (2020) while Times High Education ranks Kettering (2020 ) at 364th Position. With the acceptance rate as much as 65%, many highly talented and motivated students seek Kettering for their tertiary education. Besides, Kettering University also provides a number of fully funded scholarship to students on merit as well as need basis.
Kettering University is a private cooperative education and experiential learning-based university in Flint, Michigan. It was first founded as The School of Automotive Trades by Albert Sobey under the direction of the Industrial Fellowship of Flint on October 20, 1919, Kettering. Likewise, it offers more than 20 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Fully Funded Scholarship at Kettering University
Kettering University provides several fully funded scholarship based on academic merit. Undergraduate students can receive up to $17,500 reduction in their tuition fee while also assisting their board and accommodation. Among the scholarships, Kettering University offers:
- Presidential amounting up to $17,500
- Trustee amounting up to $16,000
- Provost amounting up to $14,500
- Academic Achievement amounting up to $3,500
Eligibility for the Scholarship at Kettering University
Recipients of the fully funded Scholarship are on the basis of academic merit. While deciding for a scholarship, the selection panel uses academic performance indicators to assess incoming Freshman Merit Awards. These include a combination of ACT and/or SAT scores, plus GPA. Further, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
How to apply for the Scholarship at Kettering University
Kettering University doesn’t provide a separate application to apply for the Fully Funded Scholarship. Moreover, the university considers eligible students for the scholarship automatically.
However, the students must apply for admission at the University. In order to apply for admission, the candidates can either use Common Application or Kettering Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Kettering writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For an early action, Kettering University accepts the application until 15 November 2019.