Cornell University is one of the best universities in the world. It is one of the eight Ivy League schools. Cornell University at Ithaca has very generous aid/grant policy and provides full scholarships to a few deserving students.
Cornell University is a private Ivy League research university in Ithaca, New York. It is home to intellectually rich faculty and also an innovative educational institution where the curiosity, creativity, and intellectual individuals are encouraged.
Moreover, it ranks 16 in the 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, according to the 2016 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks 14th in the whole world.
Additionally, Cornell is best known for its STEM faculty, especially, its engineering programs and also its Law program.
Cornell offers about 80 majors in STEM, Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities and minors in 122 different fields. Furthermore, students can carry more than one major or attend dual-degree.
Cornell University Scholarship Award
- Cornell offers robust need-based for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Cornell University Eligibility
Cornell University is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 15.1%.
Due to its high competitiveness, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get full scholarships at Cornell University.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Cornell are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Cornell University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- Cornell has one the best scholarship budget with over $50 million each year.
- Cornell is need-blind for all the domestic applicants whereas it has a need-based policy for international students.
- The university offers scholarships in three main types i.e grant, loans and work-study.
Cornell University Application Process
All applicants apply to Cornell online via the Common Application. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Cornell writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 2
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is an official link to Cornell University