Applications are open for the AfWA Scholarships 2023 for Young African Water & Sanitation Professionals. As part of its Capacity-Building Programme for African stakeholders in the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector (AfriCap) funded by USAID, the African Water Association (AfWA) is awarding research scholarships to African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals.
Target beneficiaries are master students and engineers in the final year of their training. Each scholarship, with a maximum value of $1,000 USD, will make it possible to carry out a research work sanctioned by a scientific report on a theme related to the WASH sector.
See More: List of Fully Funded Scholarships in China for 2023
During the 2016-2017, 2017-2018, and 2018-2019 academic years, AfWA awarded sixty (60) scholarships to students from eleven (11) countries in West and Central Africa. Other scholarships will be awarded across Africa for a period of three years (2021-2024). For the 2021-2022 academic year, fifteen (15) scholarships have been awarded to students from 13 countries. For the academic year 2022-2023, other fifteen (15) scholarships will be awarded across Africa.
The following themes were selected for this scholarship programme for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Approaches to reducing Non-Revenue Water in water utilities
- Improved Water Quality Control
- Water services in low-income urban areas
- Improvement of urban and peri-urban sanitation
- ICT use (Digitalization) in water and sanitation services
- Water resources management
- Water, sanitation, and gender
Funding for AfWA Scholarships
- As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per recipient is US $1,000. Sixty percent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient once the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the research supervisor, and received by AfWA Research and Capacity Building Program Coordinator. The remaining forty percent (40%) shall be paid once the recipient submits the electronic version of their final research report.
Eligibility for AfWA Scholarships
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country eligible for USAID funding.
- Be in good standing academically with respect to their institution.
Application of AfWA Scholarships
Submit an application file including:
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor)
- Research proposal form
Applicants must submit their application electronically at the following addresses simultaneously: [email protected] and [email protected]
See More: Top 20 Paid Internships in Australia for 2023 || Apply Now
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.