Application call for 2023 Australia Award Scholarship : Fully Funded. The estimated 2022-23 budget for Australia Awards investments across the globe is $254 million and the deadline for application is 1st May 2023.
In 2023, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) will provide 1,603 Australia Awards scholarships and short courses to eligible individuals from 28 partner countries. The budget allocated for Australia Awards investments globally in 2022-23 is estimated to be $254 million.
The Australian Government’s development policy, “Australian aid: promoting prosperity, reducing poverty, enhancing stability,” recognizes that investing in tertiary education is critical to development. Learn more about Australia’s efforts to support education in developing countries through its development assistance program.
For over 70 years, the Australian Government has been providing support for emerging leaders from developing countries through initiatives like the Colombo Plan in the 1950s and the current Australia Awards program. The New Colombo Plan also supports Australian undergraduates in living, studying, and working in the Indo-Pacific, fostering bilateral relations and people-to-people links that build enduring institutional and cultural ties.
Visit: 2023 Harvard LEAD Fellowship (Fully Funded)
Australia Awards aim to promote growth and stability in the region, enhance mutual understanding and cooperation, and strengthen links between organizations and individuals. They equip recipients with the skills and knowledge to contribute to their countries’ economic and social development and build human resource capacity in agreed-upon development sectors.
All Australia Awards recipients become part of the Australia Global Alumni, which connects them to Australia and one another, creating a global network of leaders and advocates who serve as ambassadors for Australia’s first-class education system.
Australia Awards provide full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study opportunities at participating Australian universities and technical and further education (TAFE) institutions for individuals from developing countries, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific region. The scholarships develop recipients’ skills and knowledge to drive change and contribute to their countries’ development.
Visit: Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2023/24 | Fully Funded
Benefits of 2023 Australia Award Scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
Check: Fully Funded Computer Science Scholarships in USA
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Eligibility of 2023 Australia Award Scholarship : Fully Funded
- Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
- Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.