Wells Scholars Program at the Indiana University of Bloomington offers scholarships opportunities for a number of students including international students. Every year, IUB bestows scholarships to around 18 incoming freshmen. The scholarship recipient will receive the award, based solely on merit. In addition, one to two current IUB students will have an opportunity to join the junior or senior class of Scholars. Wells Scholars are also members of the Hutton Honors College, where they can apply for grants in support of research, internships, creative activity, conference travel, and honors thesis work.
The Indiana University of Bloomington Well Scholars Program offers the following privileges and benefits to the successful recipient of these scholarships
- Close interaction with faculty as well as academic and career mentoring.
- International experience and engagement and also frequent extracurricular activities, often with distinguished visitors.
- Interdisciplinary Wells freshman seminars that address fundamental issues and are taught by outstanding faculty.
- Support for a summer internship, research or volunteer project, creative activity, or other enriching experience.
- Opportunities for involvement in community service with fellow Scholars.
- Furthermore, a combination of the best features of a large research university and a small liberal arts college.
The successful recipient of this scholarship will have to complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of course work each semester. In addition to that, the candidate must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4.
The Wells Scholars Program is also open to international students who are non-US residents and non-US passport holders AND who attend non-US high schools. International students who seek admission to IU Bloomington who are eligible for admission to the Hutton Honors College and counselors at international schools should send an email message to [email protected] beginning in early August and include the following information in their message:
- The student’s first and last name
- The student’s email address
- The email address of the student’s counselor
- The full name of the student’s school
Indiana University Bloomington (IU Bloomington, IU, or simply Indiana) is a public research university in Bloomington, Indiana. It is the flagship institution of the Indiana University system and, with over 40,000 students, its largest university.