Apply for Vacancy for Teaching Specialist at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Additionally, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Research Teaching Specialist V for the Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM).
Under the direction of the faculty member, the Research Teaching Specialist V conducts specialized research and performs various research and technical operations relative to the ongoing investigatory activities of the laboratory. Also, this position performs daily laboratory operations including submitting purchase order requests, and maintaining research supplies to meet the laboratory’s needs. Ensures that laboratory instrumentation and equipment is maintained and in good working order. Keeps detailed records of procedures and experiments. Likewise, this is a grant-funded position contingent upon the availability of funds to support it.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assists in experimental procedures including chemical modification of proteins, protein purification using manual and automated instrumentation (e.g. AKTA Explorer), biochemical and enzymatic colorimetric and fluorometric assays using multiple channel pipets and plate readers, and mammalian cell culture work including transfection.
- Additionally, assists in basic molecular biology techniques including PCR and plasmid construction.
- Furthermore, assists in maintaining mouse colonies and conducting experiments on genetically engineered mouse models of human disease.
- Moreover, performs cell and tissue cultures, and maintains culture stocks and records.
- Likewise, performs the preparation and organization of chemicals, reagents, and media.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant science.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to perform basic scientific routines, protocols, and tests and effectively articulate data to researchers.
- Moreover, must operate and maintain sophisticated equipment.
- Also, be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Relevant laboratory experience or research study experience carrying out research protocols and tests.
- Likewise, cell and tissue culture experience is a plus, as is research experience working with mice.
- Applicants with enthusiastic interests in medical research and scientific career goals are welcome.
Organization: The State University of New Jersey
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: New Brunswick, NJ