Apply for Vacancy for Software Developer at Stanford University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
About the Position:
You will be contributing to the Digital Infrastructure team’s entire portfolio, including projects with external partners, by working closely with software engineers, user experience designers, and service managers. Additionally, you will also work with your colleagues to ensure that our applications and services meet accessibility, security, performance, and reliability guidelines and best practices. Likewise, utilizing, implementing and developing open standards and open source software will be part of the work of the position. Including this position, the Digital Infrastructure team comprises ten software engineers and one user experience designer.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Digital Infrastructure, DLSS, the Digital Library Software Engineer at the level of Software Developer 1 will:
- Design and develop applications that may involve sophisticated data manipulation.
- Moreover, maintain and update existing programs in the Infrastructure Team portfolio.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Also, troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Document changes in software as needed.
- Similarly, serve as a technical resource with respect to applications.
- Likewise, create programs to meet reporting and analysis needs.
- Assess user needs and requirements.
- Furthermore, design and implement user and operations training programs.
Experience May Include:
- Also, digital library, digital repository, or digital humanities projects
- Maintaining inter-related production web services
- Additionally, API or microservice specification and implementation
- Data analysis and/or data transformation
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Also, ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Likewise, basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.