Apply for Vacancy for Security Officer at World Health Organization in Syria. The deadline for this job is 16th August 2021.
- Provide support in maintaining the safety and security of WHO personnel, premises and assets in compliance with UNDSS and WHO Security Management Policies and Principles, monitor the implementation of the technical security measures outlined in the Security Plan, MOSS, and SOPs; ensure that the Country Office as well as the suboffices have an acceptable level of MOSS compliance.
- Moreover, monitor the security situation across the county; undertake security risk assessment for the Country Office as well as overall suboffices and report to the OO on any emerging security threats to WHO personnel, operations, premises and assets.
- Likewise, facilitate the implementation of recommended mitigating measures.
- Also, assist in developing contingency plans for the Country Office as well as for each suboffice, be instrumental in implementing the enhanced security measures; and ensure staff members are familiar and adhere with the related guidelines.
- Furthermore, in cooperation with the data team and the field coordinators, participate in the implementation of an effective and practical system to track CO staff and responders throughout the country of assignment; ensure that all field coordinators send, on daily basis, an updated list of staff, consultants, partners and dependents present at their respective field locations.
- Also, arrange and compile materials for security training for all CO staff and non-staff in accordance with WHO policies and UNDSS standards, provide briefing on radio communication, convoy, security and evacuation procedures and other security issues and precautions to be taken in compliance with the current measures prescribed by UNDSS and WHO.
- Furthermore, maintain updated security information, prepare periodical situation reports ensuring that the Head of WHO Office and; the UNDSS are kept regularly informed of security situation, drawing their attention to; pitfalls, needs, unusual situations and problems, proposing recommendations.
Essential: First level university degree in police science, business administration, political/social sciences, psychology or international relations with focus on security management or equivalent in military or police academy degree or training.
Essential: At least one-year experience in security operations and management.
Experience in field missions of WHO, the UN, health cluster partners or recognized humanitarian organization would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated technical skills to understand/consolidate varying specializations such as; electronics, communications, mechanics, explosives and other sophisticated devices encountered in security system management.
- Also, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Additionally, Good knowledge of WHO field security operations and the specificities of the operations conducted within the framework of an outbreak and health emergencies.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences*
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Furthermore, creating an empowering and motivating environment
Organization: World Health Organization
Deadline: 16th August 2021
City: Al Qamishli
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities