Apply for Vacancy for Revenue Specialist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Provides analytical support, A/R management, problem solving and communication on all matters pertaining to the revenue cycle.
- Manages open invoices. Performs root cause analysis on denials, works on account resolution and identifies trends. Responsible for heavy phone interaction with insurance carriers to resolve reimbursement and denial discrepancies.
- Also, prepares monthly A/R reports, reviews open invoices for resolution, meets with providers to show account status.
- Manages patients with past due balances. Offers payment plans and follows up with patients regularly. Liaises with collection agencies to ensure appropriate monetary recoup is being facilitated.
- Likewise, ensures that billing is done correctly. Performs charge entry audits for accuracy. Verifies that insurance carriers are paying at the contracted rate (for Par Providers). Also verifies that contractual adjustments are posted correctly by payment posting
- Additionally, assists with strategic planning to decrease denials and increase collections.
- Works with Non-Par Providers to manage payment negotiation agreements for managed care plans. For Par Providers attempts to collect payments in advance for patient’s deductibles and coinsurances.
- Furthermore, produces and manages billing reports related to charges, payments, denials, etc. Interprets data, and develops improvements. Prepares customized reports for providers as requested.
- Similarly, assists in educating staff as required on billing issues and changes.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Approximately 3 years of related experience in physician billing or practice management, preferably in an academic medical center.
- Also, certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Expertise in working claim in Accounts Receivable and Reporting is highly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of reimbursement for physician services from various insurers.
- Also, demonstrated ability to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Similarly, demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically.
- Likewise, collaborative style and agility, the capacity to adapt to changing priorities and refine strategies after feedback and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability presenting to multiple levels of staff from VPs, Ads and Physicians.
- Also, demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Furthermore, excellent oral and written communication and inter-personal skills.