Apply for Vacancy for Residence Director at Pitzer College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life and Conference Services, the Residence Director (RD) is responsible for the overall operation of a residence hall serving 220-320 students. Also, individual responsibilities include: supervising a staff of 6-10 RAs, providing staff training and evaluation, coordinating the residence life curriculum assisting in the administration of the student conduct process within the hall, participating in the on-call duty schedule on a rotating basis, and responding to crises when appropriate. Likewise, the RD is also an active member of the conference services team.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life and Conference Services, the Residence Director (RD) is responsible for the overall operation of a residence complex serving 200-400 students. Also, individual responsibilities include: supervising a staff of 6-10 RAs, providing staff training and evaluation, coordinating the residential curriculum, assisting in the administration of the student conduct process, participating in the on-call duty schedule on a rotating basis, and responding to crises when appropriate.
Likewise, RDs have an opportunity to sit on committees for Student Affairs, Pitzer, and The Claremont Colleges and chair Residence Life initiatives, such as student staff selection, Residence Hall Council, and RA training. Additionally, the Associate Dean will help the RD explore their own areas of interest while balancing the needs of the college and their position.
- Create and perform assessments of residence life. Contribute to a culture of assessment in preparation for the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation process.
- Also, provide individual and group meetings and mediation for residents regarding personal, academic, and residence concerns. Serves as a resource and referral to students.
- Serve as one of the primary conduct officers for campus using the Maxient Conduct Software system to track cases and student follow-up. Enforce policies on-campus.
- Additionally, assist with Conference Services operations, including working with on-campus constituents, supporting graduate and student summer staff members, and working with clients.
- Likewise, perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
- A student-centered approach to the position.
- Also, positive, energetic, team-oriented, with a proven record of collaboration.
- Demonstrated and proficient mediation and listening skills. Ability to refer students to appropriate resources.
- Furthermore, firm commitment to social justice work and advocacy.
- Demonstrated commitment to community in a diverse environment.
- Similarly, strong communication skills in English, both written and oral. Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities while satisfying commitments.
- Additionally, ability to deal effectively with crises and conflict, by exercising sound judgment and effective communication, including at any time of the day or night, as needed.
- Proven ability to effectively and productively supervise and direct the work of others.
- Similarly, willingness to gain additional skills in technology in order to complete essential functions of the position.
- Ability to utilize technology, including latest versions of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, various social media platforms, and internet.
- Ability to live on-campus in residence hall apartment.
- Moreover, ability to drive students, as needed, in college-owned vehicles; must also be able to provide own transportation as needed.
Organization: Pitzer College
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: Claremont, CA