Apply for Vacancy for Research Assistant at Harvard University in USA. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
The Wyss Institute’s mission is to transform healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. We harness the freedom of academia and the focus of industry in order to translate revolutionary technologies into commercial products and solutions. Additionally, at the Wyss Institute, faculty from premier academic and clinical institutions, collaborate with staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students, industry experts, business development leaders, and entrepreneurs across disciplines to invent and de- risk new technologies that don’t just succeed at making it to the market – they disrupt it. Also, the University support research that universities, companies, and venture capital firms don’t fund because they view it as too risky. Likewise, the university prefer to use the word “challenging,” and we love challenges.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Research Assistant in USA:
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures, especially immune cells
- Also, under the supervision of senior staff, assist in the development/synthesis of novel biomaterials for drug delivery
- Order supplies/consumables and maintain shared stocks
- Likewise, accurately and thoroughly document experimental observations and protocols and write/update standard operating procedures
- Assist with cell biological experiments under the supervision of senior staff
- Furthermore, under the supervision of senior staff, help evaluate drug release profiles in vitro and in vivo
- Maintain tissue culture facilities, including daily maintenance of tissue culture equipment such as hoods, incubators, and water baths
- Moreover, demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
What you’ll need:
- College background in cell biology, biomedical engineering or related fields required.
- Also, at least 1 year of experience involving aseptic mammalian cell culture required including endpoint analysis (ELISA, qPCR, western, or imaging) and/or drug delivery experience and material characterization (HPLC, Rheology, DLS, and NMR). Education may count towards years of experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science such as Molecular Biology, Immunology, or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Likewise, proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft software packages is essential.
- Strong organizational and communication skills to aid in interaction with multidisciplinary groups of biologists, engineers and technology innovators.
- Able to work in chemical and biological laboratory environments.
Organization: Harvard University
Deadline: 31st July 2021
City: Boston, MA