Apply for Vacancy for Program Analyst at UN Women in Kenya. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of program/ project proposals and initiatives within KNAP Framework, including on PCVE.
- Similarly, support to translate the priorities of the Strategic Note into program interventions in WPS.
- Likewise, organize coordination meetings and consultations with key stakeholders, women leaders, human rights experts and UN partners to gather inputs on program design, as necessary.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the KNAP II implementation.
- Moreover, monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools.
- Undertake field visits to monitor the performance of commitments by partners and ensure program objectives are being met.
- Also, draft reports on monitoring missions, program results, outputs and outcomes.
Oversee the drafting of Annual KNAP II reports and contribute to the UNSG’s Annual
- Report on WPS.
- However, provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports relating to WPS,
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Also, accountability
- Creative Problem Solving
- Likewise, effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Similarly, stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Functional Competencies
- Good program formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results-Based Management
- Also, ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions, and present findings and recommendations
- Additionally, good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of women’s economic empowerment with a special focus on Climate-
- Smart Agriculture
- Additionally, ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities, and threats to fundraising
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification
- Master’s degree in social sciences, Conflict Studies, Political Sciences, Policy, Humanitarian Action, Gender/Women’s studies, International Development, or a related field is required
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Additionally, a project/program management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in development program/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting, and capacity building.
- Likewise, technical experience in the area of women, peace, and security.
Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies, CSOs, and/or donors.
- Moreover, experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Fluency in English
- Also, knowledge of Swahili is an asset.
Organization: UN Women
Deadline: 30th September 2021
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.