Apply for Vacancy for Medical Secretary at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Under supervision, is responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, administrative, and organizational tasks as they relate to patient flow and the conveyance of a positive image of the physician’s practice.
- Responsible for front-end revenue cycle processes, which may include but is not limited to, the check-in/check-out of patients and collection/reconciliation of time-of-service payments,as applicable. May also discuss patient’s responsibility for payments
- Additionally, if applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- Schedules, confirms, re-schedules and cancels appointments for both new and existing patients using the scheduling application. Monitors schedules for wait lists, re-schedules and cancellations.
- Moreover, may assist with coordination of follow-up care including scheduling of laboratory/diagnostic tests and prescription requests.
- Similarly, maintains physicians’ administrative (research and academic) and clinical/surgical schedules.
- Also, prepares charges and payments for submission to the billing office.
- Identifies delinquent accounts for collection activities. Reviews status of accounts with physician to determine next steps.
- Furthermore, assists with physicians’ research activities, if applicable.
- Assists in the preparation of lectures and presentations.
- If applicable, prepares travel arrangements for business purposes; prepares travel schedule and presentation documents for conferences and lectures.
- Similarly, updates physicians’ CV and credentialing documentation as needed.
- Initiates and prepares written correspondence as needed and based on functional needs.
- Additionally, may be responsible for chaperone duties during patient exams as needed.
- High School Diploma
Approximately 2 or more years of prior related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience using computerized appointment scheduling systems (EPIC preferred) and/or electronic Medical Record (eMR) system (ideally EPIC-Care).
- Also, knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and ICD-10 coding.
Organization: Weill Cornell Medicine
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: New York, NY