Apply for Vacancy for Mechanical Analyst at United Nations Office for Project Services in Congo. The deadline for this job is 17th August 2021.
UNOPS CDOH in Central Africa covers the DRC, CAR and RC. UNOPS CDOH based in Kinshasa, DRC has been identified as an agency in the United Nations system which can support the area of infrastructure, and humanitarian and post conflict management both horizontally and vertically. Also, the office has developed a strong working relationship with international partners, UN agencies including UN Missions and Governments of Central Africa over the years. Furthermore, it provides technical support and capacity building in strategic development areas including infrastructure rehabilitation and development across health, education, public works, governance/public administration sectors; procurement, project management and sectoral advisory services; peace and security, environmental preservation and protection among others.
- Follow up the maintenance of the project equipment fleet
- Also, provide technical support for the development of internal fleet policies and procedures.
- Provide a daily supervision of the maintenance team, workshop functions to ensure compliance in all key areas of the service.
- Similarly, schedule fleet repairs and maintenance requirements.
- Create and maintain internal tools for an effective follow up of heavy machinery and vehicle status, machinery and vehicle movement on a daily basis.
- Likewise, track and report on machinery and vehicle satellite tracking.
- Furthermore, ensure a timely implementation of HSSE measures in the field.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Planning and implementation of an effective preventive maintenance system for the Project fleet to ensure that the services are properly provided in a timely manner and full compliance with the manufacturers instructions
- Also, assess compliance of workshops in areas such as premises, environment, safety, equipment, technical staff and their knowledge, operational requirement and reporting tools,
- Likewise, provide technical assistance to workshop mechanics in the assessment of maintenance demands, preparation of maintenance plans and servicing schedules.
- Ensure that the workshop mechanics perform their work in a safe manner and in compliance with the procedures.
- Additionally, conduct Machinery and vehicle safety inspections and coordinate service and repair of the project fleet to ensure continuous running condition.
- Provide technical assistance in installation of ancillary equipment on fleet and on procurement of workshop tools and equipment when required. Oversee the overall of major units.
- Moreover, maintain records of all the project fleet including inspections, maintenance, repair, accidents reports, fuel consumption, Project fleet registration in compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Ensure an effective tracking of project Machinery vehicle usage, fuel cards and provide corrective measures.
- Provide technical advice to the procurement unit for technical evaluation of fleet related quotes. Inspect and inform the Procurement & Logistics Officer on delivery of procured supplies and materials. Furthermore, ensure that all the supplies delivered are appropriate and in accordance to the specification.
- Similarly, submission of the quarterly inventories report in full compliance with IPSAS requirements
- Submission of periodic workshop reports ( evaluation and progress reports, HSSE incident report, minutes of technical meetings with stakeholders, etc.)
Organization: United Nations Office for Project Services
Deadline: 27th August 2021
Country: Democratic Republic of Congo
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.