Apply for Vacancy for Management Assistant at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Additionally, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a motivated Principal Management Assistant for the Department of Othropaedics within the New Jersey Medical School.
The Principal Management Assistant provides advanced, diversified and confidential administrative and management support within a department or executive office of the University. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgement. Likewise, coordinates projects, correspondence, reports, and fiscal procedures for the department. Supervises administrative and secretarial support services.
- Updates and maintains administrative policies and procedures applicable to the department to maintain a stable, efficient and cooperative working environment. Analyzes complex information requests. Investigates and develops solutions to administrative problems, identifies and eliminates unnecessary practices.
- Also, identifies departmental staffing needs and maintains confidential personnel files and correspondence for faculty and staff. Plans and schedules the work of the department to ensure maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and materials within budgetary requirements.
- Similarly, supervises the activities of the secretarial, clerical and/or professional staff.
- Moreover, maintains comprehensive knowledge of University and Department’s policies and procedures.
- Likewise, maintains time and attendance records, and coordinates schedules; conducts personnel evaluations in a timely manner.
- Also, interacts with the Department of Human Resources regarding personnel matters.
- Furthermore, conducts research and studies on assigned matters and prepares reports with background material, providing input and support for policy decisions and formulation.
- Independently handles projects as assigned, such as grants management, marketing and media programs, recruitment activities, etc.
- Similarly, provides internal management and consultative services to professional staff, program directors and faculty, with respect to planning, developing, and carrying out proposals and objectives.
- Supervises the development and maintenance of the department’s recordkeeping, filing and retrieval systems.
- Additionally, oversees the maintenance and organization of the department’s calendar, including meetings, conferences and travel arrangements.
Organization: The State University of New Jersey
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: Newark, NJ