Apply for Vacancy for Local Consultant at United Nations Development Program in USA. The deadline for this job is 1st August 2021.
The United Nations Development Program is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
Lao PDR has the youngest population among countries in the Southeast Asian region, with approximately 60% below 25 years of age. Meanwhile, economic growth in Lao PDR has been significant (at around 6-7%) for several years in a row. Yet, education level and training of young people are unable to keep pace with the booming demand for high-skilled labor, resulting in a gap which is inimical to the country’s economic advancement. Additionally, youth often lack participation in the national development planning decision-making process due to barriers such as limited opportunities for social and economic engagement. Likewise, in this regard, enhancing national policies and youth-related programs which could provide proper socio-economic opportunities to young people to reach their potentials are much needed so that the country will greatly benefit from its large young working population.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support with the implementation of project initiatives with Khammouance TVET center and LYU;
- Also, conduct field visits to project sites for the provision of hands-on support and quality assurance;
- Ensure professional administrative and logistics support is given to the projects;
- Likewise, represent LYU at meetings, technical sessions, project events, ceremonies and functions;
- Facilitate technical trainings and deliver technical presentations during events and other engagements;
- Additionally, be orientated to LYU and UNDP operating policies;
- Network and develop functional relationships within LYU, UNDP, Government agencies, UN agencies, donors, NGOs, and other key stake holders;
- Furthermore, facilitate or participate in workshops, webinars, and meetings as necessary;
- Work in partnership with NDMO and UNDP for the timely submission of periodic, accurate, and professional (narrative and financial) progress reports to management and other stakeholders.
- Similarly, support with the preparation of program documentation, assessments and studies
- Knowledge on gender, youth, socio economics, protection a plus;
- Furthermore, function in a team environment and shares knowledge and experience;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Also, ability to take initiative;
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct;
- Likewise, flexible to changing working conditions and willing and able to travel for work purposes;
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Moreover, excellent analytical thinking skills
- A college degree or bachelor preferably from a reputable accredited university in business management, finance, social science, economics, development studies, and/or relevant field.
- Also, at least 1 year of professional experience working in the fields of administration, finance, project or office management;
- Experience collaborating with government agencies, international organizations, and community leaders a plus;
- Likewise, experience with basic office finance and administration work.