Apply for Vacancy for Library Specialist at Texas A&M University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Likewise, diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Also, three years of related library experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of library services and functions
- Additionally, ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Good interpersonal skills
- Likewise, reliable attendance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Additionally, ability to lift or move medium weight boxes, books or similar items, push a heavy book truck
- Ability to handle material which can contain dust or microscopic mold spores
- Furthermore, requires extensive bending and reaching
- Keyboarding skills
- Moreover, knowledge of email, word processing spreadsheets and library online research database searches and/or processing
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous supervisory experience-training and monitoring work flow
- Also, commitment to providing high quality customers service to students, faculty, staff and other libraries, as well as a positive attitude and sense of humor
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous shelving or stacking experience
- Provides routine Circulation Services, including group study room reservations and checking out/in materials
- Moreover, maintains a front desk operations atmosphere that promotes customer satisfaction with knowledge of all TAMU Libraries’ units, directs patrons to appropriate departments
- Explains library policies and procedures with a thorough understanding and knowledge of said policies and procedures; refers to appropriate supervisor when necessary
- Likewise, monitors the front doors; enforces the food/drink policy; makes rounds; monitors activities in the building and straightens public areas; documents emergencies/mishaps/unusual situations; acts as proctor in the event of an emergency.
- Similarly, solves routine equipment malfunction problems, helps solve routine customer problems and answers complaints from customers as they arise
- Furthermore, documents and brings serious procedural or customer dissatisfaction issues to the attention of the Library Manager
- Assists with coordinating the work flow and assignment of tasks/projects to student employees under the supervision of the Library Manager and supervises that work during the evening and Sunday hours.
- Additionally, open West Campus Library on Sundays.
Organization: Texas A&M University
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: College Station, TX