Apply for Vacancy for Enrollment Advisor at California State University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Registrar and direct supervision of the Assistant Registrar for Enrollment and Registration, the incumbent reviews academic transcripts and other documents to determine admission eligibility and transfer credit status. Also, the incumbent is responsible for completion of transfer credit evaluations at the time of admission and for continuing students. The position requires extensive knowledge of Title 5 of California Administrative Code, Chancellor’s Office policies and regulations, national accreditation policies and campus requirements relative to Admission, Advanced Standing credit and academic credit policies.
- Working knowledge of the methods and problems of organization and program management;
- Also, research and interviewing techniques; principles of individual and group behavior;
- Likewise, the ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge of the organization, procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned;
- Furthermore, the basic principles, practices and major trends in the Student Services field to which assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment subject to frequent change
2. Similarly, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide services to a diverse student population
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment
4. Likewise, proficiency using standard office software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
5. Familiarity working with school-based record/data systems/software (e.g., PeopleSoft)
6. Furthermore, ability to apply moderately complex rules, regulations and procedures
7. Also, experience working in a team environment.
8. Similarly, proficiency using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
Condition of Employment
- Ability to pass a background check
9. Experience reviewing, explaining, and/or interpreting a variety of college and high school transcripts.
10. Furthermore, knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
11. Additionally. ability to understand, applying and explaining Title 5 Administration Code, CSU system and Sacramento state academic regulations and requirements to students.
12. Also, ability to perform research from source documents, apply educational policies, perform admission review and prepare transfer credit evaluations.
13. Working knowledge of CSU General Education requirements and transfer policies.
14. Likewise, knowledge and experience with student information systems, especially CMS/Peoplesoft.
15. Knowledge of and experience evaluating transfer documents to prepare transfer credit evaluations.
16. Also, experience performing research, interpretation and apply College Source, AACRAO, ASSIST, and TES.
17. Similarly, familiarity with online advising resources such as College Source, AACRAO, ASSIST, and TES.