Apply for Vacancy for Director of Financial Planning at Adelphi University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
This role is a key contributor to the strategic direction and financial health of the University. This individual will lead the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Department which is responsible for the University’s budgeting process, financial forecasting activities, variance analysis and special projects. Also, S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior administrators including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, cost/benefit analysis, new business opportunity analysis, and other financial analysis as requested by senior administrators. Furthermore, this function acts as the analytical engine of the University to provide insights and support both strategic and operational business decision making.
- Lead the University-wide process for preparing the University’s annual budget, including compiling budget preparation packages, reviewing and prioritizing budget requests and preparation of various budgeting analyses.
- Also. develop and regularly update the one-year and five-year financial forecast based on the latest actual information and projections of future enrollment and operating conditions.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis and communication of reports on monthly variances to budget.
- Moreover, monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Additionally, assist with refinancings as needed, i.e., cost benefit analysis, regulatory filings.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, financial aid, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Likewise, develop and communicate the monthly financial results and latest year-end projections to members of Executive Leadership.
- Oversee the preparation of strategic and operational financial analyses, cost allocation and other analyses of importance to the financial health of the University.
- Furthermore, coordinate the preparation of operational and planning reports and projections for use by Senior Administrators.
- Liaison with members of Executive Leadership regarding unit budgets and financial matters.
- Similarly, work collaboratively with the University’s Data Analytics Team to enhance financial and operational reports for monitoring revenue, expenses and contribution margins.
- Also, assist Chief Financial Officer with presentations and analysis for the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Implement and work with Tableau Dashboard reports.
- Moreover, develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with special projects as needed.
- Serve on various University committees.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to analyze information, draw conclusions, and communicate findings to audiences with differing levels of financial knowledge.
- Also, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Additionally, ability to prioritize workload according to urgency, volume, etc.
- Similarly, strong computer skills for using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Internet applications required.
- Furthermore, knowledge of fund accounting and designated/restricted fund budgeting processes a plus.
Organization: The State University of New Jersey
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: Garden City
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.