Apply for Vacancy for Director at Department of Global Communications in the USA. The deadline for this job is 22nd July 2021.
This position is located in the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Jakarta, within the Information Centers Service (ICS) of the Strategic Communications Division (SCD) of the Department of Global Communications (DGC).
Also, the UNIC is part of the global network of United Nations Information Centers (UNICs), and UNIC Jakarta is the principal source of information about the United Nations system in Indonesia.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Lead, supervise and carry out the work program of the center;
- Additionally, undertake or oversee the programmatic and/or administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of a medium information center, including preparation of budgets, reporting on budget/program performance, recruitment of staff and evaluation of staff performance;
- Also, manage, guide, develop and train staff under his or her supervision; foster teamwork and communication among staff in the information center and across organizational boundaries.
- Likewise, ensure appropriate tools and methods are in place and used to measure and evaluate impact with timely reports to UN Headquarters.
- Build and strengthen synergies with other DGC field offices, RCOs and UNCTs in the region/sub-region and with UNICs working in the same language.
- Similarly. supervise the organization of meetings, seminars, etc. relating to the communications aspects of substantive issues in the work region;
- Moreover, manage the promotion of joint communications activities between the RCO, DGC and UN System entities in Indonesia
- Perform other duties and special functions, as required by UN Headquarters and the RC.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in journalism, communication, public information, international relations or a related field.
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Director in the USA:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including four years at the international level; in public information, communications, journalism, international relations or related area.
- Additionally, experience in implementing strategic, multimedia communications campaigns, public speaking; and working in and with traditional and digital media
- Experience in resource administration, including budget preparation, human resources management and/or conflict management and resource mobilization.
- Likewise, have supervising an office, unit or section within the United Nations common system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
Furthermore, knowledge with the political, social, and economic context of Indonesia and the sub-region of responsibility is desirable.
- Similarly, experience working in communications, including crisis communications, in the United Nations common system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) is desirable. Knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Organization: Department of Global Communications
Deadline: 22nd July 2021