Apply for Vacancy for Database Administrator at Ohio University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
The Database Administrator II is a member of the Ohio University ERP and Database Administration team. Also, this is a position which administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of production and non-production databases. This includes implementation of data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance code, and resolving database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Furthermore, familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Additionally, works under general supervision. Furthermore, has minimal latitude for independent decision making.
- Administration – Installs, administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the organization’s databases. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Data Integrity\Security – Also, administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the organization’s databases. Utilizes database, Active Directory and profiles to secure data access.
- Support – Likewise, Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Operational – Additionally, ensure supported database instances are current with the latest critical fixes. Verify databases are configured to meet the organization’s standards as directed.
- Research & Prototyping Configure and test possible changes to standard database configurations to validate best performance prior to moving to production environments.
- Associates in Computer Science, Technology-Related Field and\or qualifying work experience in DBA field. Working experience in MSSQL database administration as a production DBA.
- Moreover, minimum of 1 year experience in systems and database administration supporting production servers.
- Working knowledge of database backups and restores, replication methods, high availability, and troubleshooting production issues.
- Also, minimum of 1 year experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting the MSSQL instances.
- Working experience with database security, roles and auditing user accounts.
- Likewise, performance tuning in an operational and/or a production environment; OS, database.
- Experience in shell scripting.
- Additionally, works well as part of a team with both customers and co-workers
- 2+ years of MSSQL database administration as production DBA.
- Also, experience in working on / Leading large scale enterprise projects.
- Windows Server upgrade/migration experience.
- Likewise, Experience working in a higher education environment.
Organization: Ohio University
Deadline: 30th September 2021
City: Athens, OH
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.